Sunday 8 July 2018

92 Days of Summer Day 8

So the reason I'm doing the sponsored walk is for Diabetes UK. This charity covers everything from research to care for diabetes. It all encompassing, its support for those who needs it the most.

So, Once a week, I think I should make it about not me and how I did (although I will be recording that) it will be about the articles the things which Diabetes UK are making us away of and what our support can do for them.

So I want to direct you here. This is about just how serious Diabetes is. I've had a fantastic example of what diabetes is like under control, but I also knew a lady who was morbidly obese, she didn't do any exercise and she died due to the complications associations with diabetes. Should could have controlled it, she could have done so many things, she could have been aware at least but she seemed to have no idea. I have another friend recently diagnosed, who recently told me should couldn't tell me what a carb was, what was a good carb or a bad one, and honestly that scared me!

So please check out the article and the fantastic website diabetes UK have developed, and click where possible to sponsor me!


Steps Taken today: 12,055
Total so far: 107,346
Steps to go: 892,654



No comments:

Post a Comment