Monday 16 July 2018

92 Days of Summer Day 16

Todays surprise steps came from cleaning my kitchen.

Honestly it is the hardest room to keep tidy! Constant usage, constant clean ups needed! I walked the kids to school this morning while it was still not raining! I'm glad I got those steps in because I walked down int he rain this afternoon, not that I don't appreciate it getting cooler again, because I do, the heat is stifling! Like I can't breathe or catch my breath! Which is bad for a girl who does up hill and has asthma.


Because this is how the cool kids learn to go to the potty!
I am looking forward to the summer holidays with Yasmine being at home and she's asked me to make up a timetable for what we'll be doing while she is at home, so there is some structure to the day when we are just in the house, I think it'll be good for her, and Joseph actually, and as well she is enthused to help me with my steps. I think I'll keep it light for them and walking maybe help me with up to 2.5 miles a day while we are all at home and ask Phil if he wouldn't mind if I go out walking on an evening.

As well, do you know what's hard? I mean really hard?

Potty Training and Sleep in bed.

Joseph is just growing into that stage and for a child who is 18 days into being a 2 year old he is doing fantastic! Really he is, Most people say not to potty train them until they can communicate that they need the potty, well he just runs for it, he squeezes his legs together which tells me he needs it, but mostly he runs to go to the potty with his little nappy off. Its fantastic, it's awesome he's at that stage, I did all day except for school runs and when I had him in his high chair for lunch time.  

Then he's sleeping in a big boy bed now, so I'm sitting on the end of Yasmine's bed waiting for him to go off to sleep. This is his third night and it was an hour and three quarters before he went off to sleep, he didn't however get out of bed tonight, or try to either which is a huge deal, most of the three hours spent the first night was picking him up and putting him back on the bed. 

These are huge changes for him and I'm not underplaying his involvement because he is awesome!  but wow it is tiring on me! With Yasmine the sleep thing was done and I can't remember how long it took to do, but this kind of involvement with the potty took a lot longer (and Yasmine was potty trained quite quickly!) I know there are books out there which promise you can be done in 3 days, maybe you can, but finding three days where you do nothing but sit over your kid... is insane, I mean I have another kid... But I am tired so this is me attempting another early night!

Steps today:12,676
Steps Total:  218,624
Steps to go: 781, 376

Did you know the Hadrian's Wall Trail from Wallsend to Bowness-on-Solway is 84 miles long and I've walked 88.34 miles in the last 16 DAYS!  Go me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment