Thursday 19 July 2018

92 Days of Summer Day 19 I was not made for hot weather

Let this be a warning to all you mothers out there. 

Yasmine goes downstairs with Joseph this morning and the proper little mother she is makes them both breakfast (I don't make her do this, its just who she is).

I come down after them, to find she forgot to close the baby gate going into the kitchen, and Joseph likes to get on the footstool beside me to see what I'm doing in the kitchen, I find Joseph on said footstool mixing the milk she left on the side along with the turmeric! There is Yellow milky stuff everywhere! In hindsight very funny, but I did my best mummy and told him he shouldn't have done it did a quick clean of the kitchen (and him) well and me by the end of it, and this was before I got Yasmine in her school uniform...

I put the towels in the washing machine twice because of it!

And today has gone on like that....

See, look this is me all ready for bed, feeling
 so much better (thank you hobnobs!)
When we got in from the school run this afternoon, I was sweating buckets (this is unlike me even in this weather) and I really needed the loo so I ran upstairs went to the loo came down and was still not feeling well, Still sweating I found myself shaking, I knew I'd pushed myself too hard and my sugar levels were low, on came the biscuits! So out the window went the diet, the day before weigh in! Hopefully it doesn't show too much! Just so you all know I do feel better now, I think the heat has just had a strange effect on me and I have been really pushing myself with regards to my diet and exercise! Balance dear the word is balance.  I also know these are some of the signs of hypoglycemia, and/or type 2 diabetes (I know what I'm doing it for) I have been told because of when dad was diagnosed with diabetes to keep a eye out for signs of it in me, and I do, but the truth is by the time I go to my doctor with it I'm always fine, even when I had Joseph and they were testing me that last week with sugar levels, they always are a little on the low side but its never anything to worry about, Plus I think with how warm its been I need to balance the salt and sugar intake! I think it can happen to us all, I think its important to know the signs and trust me if it becomes a regular thing, I will be straight to the doctors! Plus tomorrow after weigh in we're having a family treat, I might demand ice cream!

On the upside, Joseph is doing so well with his little potty training. He has a nappy on when we are out, lets just make that clear, but when we are in the house he's running about with no pants on at all and going to the potty as needed, he's started picking the potty up (trying to help) to take it upstairs so we can wave bye bye to the wee wee or poo poo. My next step I think is to get him in some little briefs get him used tot he idea he needs to give himself time to get to the potty and pull down some pants, but I think I should leave it at this stage for another week yet just to be sure, he's doing amazing don't get me wrong for 21 days past being 2 its amazing, but I also want to take it at his pace. 



Steps today:12, 567
Steps Total:  247, 431
Steps to go: 752, 569


What do you think tomorrow quarter of a million?

No comments:

Post a Comment