Thursday 12 July 2018

92 Days of Summer Day 12- Teddy Bears Picnic and Sports Day

Yasmine with her doughnut!
Little cheeky smile for mammy!

Something I really love about right at the end of term is the teddy bears picnic and sports day. Now, I am not into organised sports, honestly at school I was the worse, quite often the last picked and I knew it was because I was bad at it, I don't have any hard feelings over it. Phil likewise claims not to be sporty at all like running such like...
Family Shot!

Yasmine's unhealthy love of doughnuts continues (actually she probably had one more bite before giving the rest to Joseph!)
 So when Yasmine is breaking her heart over sports day I have to go over and remind her it doesn't matter if she comes last, because at least she didn't give up and thats where her strength of character shows. She didn't want to do sports day at all this morning she told me the only reasons he joined in was because her teachers asked her to, I told her that was a good enough reason that she should listen to her teachers.

We also reminded her that actually, she will be one of the best swimmers in the class, to my knowledge there are another three kids in the class who can swim (who have been going to swimming lessons away from school) and actually she is a very good walker (She can walk for miles) these aren't things they measure in school but it doesn't mean she shouldn't think herself able.

As well she really did very well in her SATS. I'm not writing it on here (though if anyone is interested you can ask) Very very well! Its just amazing how sensitive she can be about it all! We are so very proud of our girl, and she kept going!

And Joseph today, well he's just a little amazing fella, so just before his birthday he did so a wee in the potty but since then has only seemed interested in keeping his nappy off just to have it off and didn't really seem all that interested in really getting to it and being potty trained. he says "Potty" but then didn't do anything.
See that little black dot? That's Yasmine trying at her race! Poor love!

Today when we got home from sports day he was insistent and persistent about trying out his potty. Phil was on the edge of his seat (I don't know why we have laminate flooring we can just wipe it up?!) but he started off the potty both times and I took him over sat him down (and actually the second time he was heading for the potty) and he did two wee's (within about half an hour of each other and then again when we were in the bathroom, I think he was still trying to hold it in) but the first time I took him up with the wee and showed him it went into the toilet and and I said "say bye bye to wee wee." and he said "bye bye wee wee" then we came back downstairs and he was still saying it! but after he went the second time we went up to the toilet again and he was waving "bye bye" to the wee, so I think that might actually help encourage him? but he's only half a month into being 2 years old, I mean this is early early days! But so proud!

well last night, even though I had an early night I did not sleep well! I kept waking from really horrible nightmares! So I'm still tired, I was all day! So I'm going to bed!
Steps taken: 12,329
Steps so far:164,458
Steps to go: 835,542

(P.S I've caught up my Steps so far with how many I've done since the beginning of July on my fitbit counter, Some nights I write on this and then go to bed... of course walking so it counts up those steps too, sometimes its more, so that's why there maybe a slight difference between the steps so far and the steps taken column if you were to add them all together!)

No comments:

Post a Comment