Friday 31 August 2018

92 Days of Summer Day 62

So yesterday I got my medal, well today Yasmine got hers.

Proud!!
I know I've said it before, but this girl is amazing!

She got all upset around sports day because she wasn't the fastest and she knew she wouldn't win any of the races, honestly I know the feeling, I could never win at anything in PE and you know what it made me feel useless at all of it, there was a couple of things I was good at and that was trampolining and swimming. 

But we weren't assessed on either of those things and PE always felt like if you couldn't run fast or play at a game you weren't good at it, you had no potential in it.

So I understand.

But... I've been learning something. Fastest doesn't mean you don't get there, this little girl could probably out walk half her school! She's already in her level six for swimming and they haven't started swimming lessons yet in school. These two things alone, she is outstanding in, if she was assessed on walking and swimming... Yet she wasn't and it made her feel bad. So I did what I could.

I entered her into the race at your pace kids "race" 25 miles over the course of August, and you know she does most of my walking with me so she did way over the 25 miles, but the medal did the trick. I wanted her to know that persistence and determination gets you a medal too. I didn't make it easy, had she not done the miles I wouldn't have given her the medal! 

She beamed! Because she knew she could get a medal too! She had a medal a real one! And maybe one day she will get one for her swimming maybe even walking or something else, but I don't want her thinking that physical activity is just something she does because her teachers said she has to so she does (because I taught her obedience) 

My Girl!
Don't get me wrong, I am not of the opinion that every child should get a medal at sports day, its important that kids feel they excel in the areas they do and I know that means other kids get overlooked but its life and that sound awful and clinical,  but its also life, its how stuff works, BUT its my job to also build her confidence in the ways I can. I don't want her feeling useless in the areas she excels at but doesn't get seen or assessed in school. 

When I've been tired, she's been tired, she's asked if I got my steps in if she could help, what an awesome little girl I have! She deserves the medal!

Steps today: 12,353 
Steps so far: 881,896
Steps to go 118,104




Next Weightwatchers!!
weigh in today!

Loss this week: 3 1/2
Total loss: 68 1/2
so I would LOVE to loose 75 pounds on or before my 1 year at weightwatchers which is 3 weeks away! What do you think? one week 2 1/2 and 2 weeks 2? wouldn't that be awesome? That would be an average of 1.5 pounds every week! I think I can... maybe... we'll see!


As for today I am shattered I think I'm going to bed, hoping to sleep better then I have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment