Thursday 16 August 2018

92 Days of Summer Day 47


Today, is something amazing, I think tomorrow come weigh in at weight watchers I will have put on weight, but, I think there's a none weight victory. I think I've lost around the waist and legs. I was in the swimming pool getting Yasmine ready for her swimming lesson and something kept catching my eye, and it was a purple top and I thought "Oh she has the same top as me..." No, it was the mirror! 

Its so strange, when you know you've lost the weight, I'm not denying it, but its when you realise that 'you' inside your head is not the same as the 'you' on the outside. And its not something which for me anyway, is something I realise just once, it keeps happening! 

Another friend mentioned today the amount of steps I'm doing and that it was 'epic', Honestly its hard, its hard being weary and tired just to do it again the next day, BUT I do love doing it. I love being here, I love the walking, its hard, especially when I have to convince the two kids to come out, the summer has been a mixed bag, I've been very stagnate with my weight but I am loosing inches I swear it! It is epic, it is a feat, it is hard! But I'm doing it for such a great cause! 

Also, its now been a few people who said what I'm doing is inspiring. I wish I could take that sort of compliment, I'm doing something because although overall it looks impressive, I thought it was something I could do, I broke it down I saw how many steps it would take a day to get it done and thought I could, honestly, I wouldn't have done it if I thought I would fail, but I knew it would take a long term commitment! Every single day making sure I would get the steps in, Saturday and Sunday included, its taking effort its taking time but I wanted to push myself to do it. And it got me thinking, huge achievements, don't happen overnight, I mean it might look like they do, sometimes people think it does, but something I've learned in both this and my weight loss efforts is that there's a commitment behind every achievement. That person takes a moment and says 'these are the steps I need to take to make this (Whatever this is) happen'. It looks big and inspiring at the end, but its little efforts which all add up which make the difference. I love all of your support, thank you and I mean it I love that I've inspired something in you, something maybe I hope which will make you think of making the impossible possible again.  

(Side note, weight watchers wise, I am going back on the diet next week! Properly! Let my weight catch up with the exercise I've been doing and get some results on the scales as well as the waist line!)

Steps today: 15,718
Steps so Far  673,467 (Can I just say that's 272.27 miles!)
Steps to go: 326,533

Another side note: 97.1 miles this month! another 52.9 miles and I will earn that 150 miles medal again! I'm so looking forward to that! FYI if I continue at the current rate of walking that will be achieved in a little under nine days!

Assuming I reach 299,999 by the end of the week it will take 21 and 1/2 days to reach the 1 million steps mark! (Again at current walking rates!) Maybe come September I could slow it down a little... maybe, I don't know!

No comments:

Post a Comment