Friday 3 August 2018

92 Days of Summer Day 34

Motivation!
I am one of those people who need motivation! As if doing it for charity isn't enough of a motivation I really did want to challenge myself with the walking in July.

I have a friend who a while back, recommended virtual races, where you can walk/run and set yourself a challenge to receive a medal and a certificate  (the compression top was optional). So added this as extra motivation. You can set the amount you want to do 25 miles. 50 miles 75, 100,125,150 200 (I think that's what they were) and as well its not frowned upon to walk it instead of running the rule is run or walk.

Today in the post these came! And its strange when you have a physical reminder of an achievement (though there's nothing wrong with virtual ones I love it when Fitbit pops up telling me what I've achieved) but there's something physical and tangible about this!

I put in for August too so watch this space....

I've never been athletic, in any way, I'm good at swimming I was good at trampolining and I'm good at walking at my own pace (the thing is I have asthma so this can change on a day to day bases), but I've never got a medal for anything, plenty of certificates... Its like a badge of honour! Yes In July I did a little over 150 miles in total but that was the goal I set myself (it was 175 miles, I maybe could have pushed it to 200 but this was over 5 miles every single day! I think I did well doing this!)

As for the rest of the day.... well you know how Joseph was sick yesterday? Well Philip was sick today. Funny thing was, I saw to Joseph, Phil didn't have a lot of contact?! But by the way I'm not complaining I don't want to get sick so.... Today was hard, because Joseph was just screaming and in some kind of evil toddler mood! I've never seen this kid like it! 

So you can imagine I didn't get much sleep the night before I didn't get much sleep last night so although I have done some steps its no where near where it normally is, but thats okay I'm not obsessing because next week we're on holiday Phil is off work... I'm sure we'll walk tons!

Steps today 10,322
Total steps  473,590
Steps to go 526,410

No comments:

Post a Comment