Tuesday 23 January 2018

Teriyaki Chicken




So I made a couple of changes to the recipe on this one 

1) My shop didn't have any Teriyaki Paste/Sauce/marinate so I had to make it from scratch which is okay because I found a really simply recipe which I adapted (because it called for white wine and I don't drink) but I pointed it all and it turned out my changes made it 2 Smartpoints not 3 as per recipe.
2) I also didn't serve it with asparagus as suggested because my kids wouldn't eat that but instead I served with green beans and broccoli.
3) I didn't serve the sesame seeds for Yasmine, she doesn't like sesame seeds. 

 My Teriyaki Marinade


  • 8tablespoonsAmoy Light Soy Sauce

    3 Points
  • 4tablespoonsShloer White Grape Sparkling Juice Drink

    2 Points
  • 2tablespoonsArtificial sweetener

    0 Points
  • 1clove(s)Garlic

    0 Points
  • 1teaspoons, levelGround Ginger

    0 Points
Shared by four this works out as 1 Smartpoints per serving.

And there are the rest of the ingredients. 

We served with rice (6 SmartPoints worth about 60g) 

Yasmine LOVED it! The chicken thats it, she didn't eat the rice. I said I would need to make it with chips next time for her she seemed very enthused by this!

Joseph had a nibble of the chicken and the proceeded to just eat the rice. 😒(trust my kids!)

We both enjoyed it, it was very tasty, only problem was is that I wanted more!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Stars WeightWatchers

No comments:

Post a Comment