Monday 2 October 2017

Two sided coin

I've had two very different experiences of low pointed foods and I just wanted to pop it on here.

So with it being Sunday yesterday, I of course did a Sunday roast. We had beef last week (again actually done by me) and this week it was chicken.

Breakfast
 So this was this mornings breakfast. Those are two ingredient pancakes, banana and eggs. Theory is that the egg and banana sticks together and creates that base for the pancake.

I was looking forward to it, I thought it was a jazzy idea and if I could get pancakes for two SmartPoints for the load rather then three for one (I kid you not!) I'd try it!

Then I tried it....

It tasted of banana and egg... this shouldn't be a surprise but... a pancake doesn't taste of omelette with banana, and yes its as disgusting as it sounds! It was like it was doughy on the inside of the pancake too... if someone knows some way of making them taste better, let me know but in the meantime... I endured so you don't have to... I'd rather never have pancakes again... Never mind, breakfast was only four SmartPoints....



On the flip side my roast chicken yesterday was so tasty! I had to add salt (which has no smartpoints)

here is my list....

carrots     0
celery      0
parsnips   2
onion       0
leeks        0

All in the bottom of my roasting tin along with some garlic (0) and a little bath of water.
I also roasted some carrots and parsnips with the potatoes...

The chicken which I've pointed 200g 3 SmartPoints (on the picture there is only 77g but I'm terrible for eating it while preparing the rest of the food, so its probably fair!)
the turnip (swede, if you're being... not from the north of england!) is zero . The potatoes 3. I seasoned those with basil. and cooking spray 30 sprays two smart points (Used to roast the potatoes, they aren't deep in fat or anything but still have a bit of a crisp to them, I part boil before I roast.

Surprisingly to me the Yorkshire puddings were only one SmartPoint each or 2 for 3 Smartpoints. So I had two, because I like Yorkshire  puddings....

It's Sunday dinner and I think 13 is perfectly acceptable. And let me tell you if every day could be like yesterday with food, I would be okay!

Thanks for reading

love

Lorna x

No comments:

Post a Comment