Friday 13 October 2017

Creating a Structure....


I'm trying my very best to wear very similar clothes to see if you can see the weight loss! I'll apologise for my picture this week, I'd just came in from walking down and I'm a bit wind swept, though an old friend once said they liked my hair when it was windswept so maybe I should have it that way more often....

So, despite my pig out on my birthday last week (and the uncounted Mary Berry Chocolate cake I had 12 Smart points per a slice if anyone is interested...) I still lost!

Hurray! Pip pip well done old man!

So my weightwatchers leader said the diet is designed to be stuck to 70% at a time and still be able to loose weight, I don't know how its worked but it does.

Interestingly I found an article this week from the new CEO at weightwatchers found here.
She stated “We can inspire people to have healthy habits ... that’s not just about losing 10lbs, but creating a structure you can live within.” 
I think this is a huge deal. I  said it to a friend when I tried slimming world with her, she was loosing weight (and a lot) on a weekly bases. I'm proud of her for doing so! But I couldn't loose weight in the environment slimming world created. it was too complex and too restricting, I couldn't cope like that and if you constantly feel like you have to do something, it doesn't make you want to do it. When you have a bad day and you fall off the dieting boat, you can't get back on it with that mindset. I'm hoping I can continue like this. 

The amount I'm loosing on a weekly bases is encouraging, heck loosing at all! But if we create a structure we can live in, if we don't mind not having this or that or having this instead of that then we can live it, and you know we can have a chocolate bar, we can sneak in a snickers and still loose the weight we want to, because I think if you aren't dealing with the emotional side of falling off the bandwagon then that structure will seem impossible, no matter what brand you put on it. 

You know what I'm a bit scared of now? Well the last couple of weeks I've always had something to splash out on, you know that secret 'treat' which keeps you going... this week I have nothing... how embarrassing would it be if I didn't loose this week?! 😧

wish me luck!
                                             
                                                Weight loss this week:-3lbs
Weight loss total: -12lbs

here's hoping for at least the stone mark next week! 

2 comments:

  1. your doing so well i need some tips ready to fall of the wagon lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post up some of my findings then...

    ReplyDelete