Thursday 26 October 2017

Get your bake on!

I like to bake. It is honestly one of the  have only ways I'm a good little housewife. I love to bake cakes and biscuits and I like to cook meals at the end of the day! Mostly because I think when you like good food you want it at home so you learn.

Its always one of the things I miss when I go on a diet, so when the weightwatchers magazine for November came through, and there were bakes in there... well you weren't going to stop me.

 Yasmine helped me bake this one. she was happy to fluff up the mix while my arm was resting and I think she found it interesting. She likes to bake too, so since she's just finished her turn at cookery club... guess who gets to bake with her now!
 
 You can see it looks a ... little different! So here is what we did. Our cake tin was 24cm not 20cm... and they say size doesn't matter! Well I managed to get it cut in half but I bet I would have been more comfortable with a 20cm or smaller case! 

Having said that, its still a good bake and I was surprised how the case turned out considering just how little flour and sugar is in it! (Side note, I only seemed to have plain flour so I did use baking powder in my cake because I used plain flour, I may need to experiment with the amount I put in see if it makes any more of a rise!)

I also think the mousse, although made to the specs needs another gelatin leaf if its going to look like anything like the one in the magazine! Not that mine is terrible or anything, as you can see it hold its shape just fine!

Yasmine told me to leave the bits out next time, but despite the fact it was quite a tart gateau she seemed to enjoy it. 
We did used frozen mixed berries rather then just blackberries AND I used strawberries to decorate rather then blackberries because those things are expensive in shops!!
It did however taste very nice. Both me and Phil enjoyed it and its a nice little treat for three Smart Points, considering only three would get you a plain special K bar too!

                                Thumbs up Weightwatchers magazine, thumbs up!
                                                                   👍👍👍

No comments:

Post a Comment