Saturday 14 October 2017

Drop a dress size?

I shared this in one of my first week and I wanted to show you the progress.

For me, visually I remember things, I'm a visual learner I suppose, I remember written word, I learned to read visually by seeing the words over and over and everyone knows I love to read! I learned to crochet not by reading patterns but by watching someone (Thanks Jan) then finding people on you tube and following them.

So it makes sense that I should like to learn things visually when I'm "watching my weight".

We were given these my second meeting so my first weigh in. The different colours on the dresses represent the week so the yellow is my first week the red/pink is my second week the green my third. Now I don't know if it does only take ten pounds to loose a dress size, but my current clothes are a lot looser my bras are fitting nicer. I want to keep these,I actually want more so I can watch and say actually here, this is how much I've lost, this is the "dress sizes".
For me, visually seeing confirms, because sometimes with me its coming off slowly so I don't see it. This confirms an awful lot to me.
I remember one day at work they brought in what a pound of fat looked like. This was one pound and I looked and it was a lot! Every once in a while it does me good to weigh out a pound of sugar or rice and put it into a plastic bag and I hold it against me (Usually my tummy) and I look and I think "wow, that's chunky that a lot." But then you go to a meeting and you're told you've lost a pound, I've seen people go away disappointed. Be real and try this and see what you've lost.
Loose a pound a week that's  52 in a year that three stone nine! That is a huge amount!
I know things may slow down and thats okay. I just want to put this down to help me remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment