Sunday 30 September 2018

92 Days of Summer Day 92

So here I am at the end of the road!


Lots of you already know I passed the 1 Million mark earlier in the month hence why there have been no updates, but what have I been up to since?

1) I reached my goal amount for the money raise to Diabetes UK and surpassed it, I've raised £150! Thank you everyone who contributed small and large amounts I can't tell you how important it is to raise all the money we can for such important causes!
2) I've also walked another 260,969 steps! So thats a total of 1,260,969 Steps in three months!
3) I actually did start to run! And I've stuck to it, three days a week I've been either running outside or on my treadmill I got for my birthday and I'm about to start week 5 of the 0-5K challenge, and I'm half way to achieving it according to my app! Fridays training included 5 minute walk warm up 3 minute run 2 minute walk, 5 minute run 2 minute walk 2 times, 3 minute run then 2 minute walk then a 5 minute walk cool down. Honestly I thought it was impossible but I did it, now next week, week 5 day 5 minute warm up walk, one  5 minute run 3 minute walk then a six minute run an a 3 minute walk then a five minute cool down... it might be my breaking point, but who knows what I'm capable of now!
4) I've also got a couple of friends together and we're going to do a 5k run/obstacle course called a colour run in June, So its something fun and cooky for me to look forward to but something to train towards too, I don't think it matters if you run or walk it but I want to be prepared 
5) my body (especially my legs and bottom have toned massively!) I'm not loosing lots of weight but I'm not gaining either and with my muscles building up again this is a real plus! So I'm not too concerned my weight has come to a standstill at the moment.
6) I got Phil running too! He's just finished week one of the zero-5k I think when we decided to get the treadmill it really gave him motivation to do something. 

I was going out on a night, I'd get Joseph off to sleep then head out, thing was there was a couple of nights it was approaching dark and I realised it really wasn't safe for me to be out running on a night, Phil agreed and we looking into treadmills, I actually got the one we have second hand off Facebook marketplace it was local so we went and picked it up at a really awesome price!It was an early birthday present to me too! Yasmine has had little goes on the treadmill but we haven't used it in front of Joseph and he seems to be ignoring it for now!

Also I've been going to weightwatchers for over a year now! 

When I went back initially, I didn't think I would achieve much, especially since, this for me is the run up to Christmas, but I didn't do it half heartily I did actually try. So much has changed in that year, what I eat and how I eat, as well when I've noticed things about my diet.
1) Gluten is not my friend. So the beginning of September I also stopped eating gluten, well what happened was I made the recipe for the 2 ingredient dough and although it is delicious and completely fine to eat, I was getting massive headaches and stomach cramps after having it, I would be ill, and I noticed it was a repeat pattern with Gluten and dairy. I'm not 100% Gluten free yet, a couple of sweet treats do cut in but I am getting better at it and I would say I'm 90% Gluten free. My bread, my wraps, my pasta my stock cubes are all gluten free.
2) Dairy is a little different. I did swap my milk over to unsweetened almond 'milk' immediately and I didn't eat much yogurt anyway so that been cut out that alone has been a huge improvement! however I would say that I'm probably about 60/40 on diary products. When I'm in the shop and I'm buying stuff for me the chocolate is the dairy (higher in smartpoints too so I don't eat as much) my milk is dairy free, but my cheese is still the eatleen cheese and the reason being is that if thats all I'm eating it doesn't have a bad effect on me, there is no noticeable difference, so it stays in for now. Also if I'm out I will have a dairy ice cream, but some of you might have seen I said I felt sick after eating some on Thursday night and I didn't eat the whole tub I was given, I gave about 1/4 of the tub to my brother in law to finish off. So I'm slowly converting my dairy, but then again I think that is an intolerance rather then the gluten which just makes me feel ill! My back aches my stomach aches my head hurts it awful! So I really have avoided gluten.


So over all its been an interesting year. 

An even more interesting three months,

I'm not finished yet, but I am at a milestone. 

Keep you Posted

Lorna x


No comments:

Post a Comment