Friday 7 September 2018

92 Days of Summer Day 69


Steps today: 13,188
Steps so far: 985,723
Steps to go: 14,277
what I should be doing!

This is mentally INSANE! I can not believe how close I am to finishing this! I can't believe it!
And you know something honest?

I have been shattered!
There are days I've more or less decided I've had enough for that week and I won't do many more, but then I do!

I've learnt that my body can do it, but also to rest my body that's important too.

I'm no longer afraid of the school run despite it being a 2 round trip (4 miles a day) although I did do this sometimes in deep snow at the beginning of the year so... hey even the rain is better then snow!

Since the beginning of the year when I really decided to step up on my exercise, its made a huge difference, I'm not saying I don't have my off days were I feel like its all for nothing... I feel big and bloated and I wonder why I do it at all,
If you told me that by September I would be attempting running, I would have told you you're crazy!

One of our friends said to Phil it was amazing what I was doing and Phil said he'd always admire my ability to choose a goal and just go with it , when I made up my mind to do it I just do.
I love my Phil for admiring it so much, the truth is I rarely make up my mind to do something, and I make it sound like a bad thing. Let me explain...

I think about something, I think about doing things, I pro and con doing it, I'll ask people, I'll research and still sometimes I don't start either because the pro/con has tipped it for me or something that has needed my attention has happened in the meantime and I loose the original motivation to do it.

But I've had this walking bug for almost 2 years now, Joseph probably can't remember a time I didn't walk with him (and probably why he insists on going "out" even if its raining.

I did a 10,000 step challenge last year for a week 10,000 steps for 7 days, it was pretty amazing but then I stopped for a while afterwards and didn't get back on until the new year. I have been slowly moving towards this kind of goal for a while, now I would love to say I will continue to walk and run, but truth is come winter and its freezing outside I can't guarantee anything! 

I know I want to keep my fitness up, even in the winter, it may involve jumping around my living room but I do want to do it!

However 1 million steps in 3 months, well I will have done it in 70 days, does that make it easy?

No.

Its hard, its hard to keep yourself motivated, its hard to complete even at this stage I'm thinking "I could have the weekend off...." and it wouldn't matter I'd still complete in time.

Is it worth it?

For the charity absolutely! One of my friends donated today making my goal but I don't want that to be the end of my fundraising I would love to raise more! (So by all means click and donate!!) 

Is it worth it for me?

As a challenge, it has been a challenge! It would be a challenge over three months, I think there are people who have done it quicker, I think there will be people still doing it, but its a huge commitment, everyone who has done it its a huge commitment and whether it took a week a month or the entire time WOW! Aren't we amazing!

I don't think I would be this kind of intense for my own training though, I think I would give myself more time off (and evidently I could have) definitely taking things a little easier from now on, but also changing the pace with my running (yes I'm continuing that at least until the end of September!) 

Its taken a long time to get here, so although even to my husband it seemed like I said "I'm going to do this..." and it came out of no where, really its something I have been building up to, I've been researching and working on and a challenge like this which has been so long term and needed so much of my time would have been impossible even when I did the walking for a week last year.

I joked with a distant relative that I would be running the GNR with her next year...

Although I have seen a colour run I'd love to do next year... But I think I would need someone to do it with, it would be a little depressing on my own... any takers??

https://www.colorobstaclerush.co.uk/about-the-event.html

No comments:

Post a Comment