Friday 24 November 2017

End of week 9


So this week I've had a really tough week!

You know that ominous feeling you get just before you get sick, sort of being a little bit on edge.

From Monday night onwards I went to bed early you know, early! Me! 

Paracetamol has very little effect on me so last night I was feeling so bad I took some Solpadeine . My neck is aching and my shoulders I feel like I could literally fall over. Earlier on in the week I was constipated. So much so on Wednesday I had to force myself to eat (and I did healthily mind you!) Its just been tough.

On top of that stuff has been happening with close family relations, I won't go into it but it adds doesn't it?

And when you have a week like that does anyone else just want to give up? 

I didn't. I stuck in my diet. But it was rough you know and it wasn't encouraging.

But this week I've decided to try and add back in some soups and broths into my diet again because they are good for me. I've also bought some figs and prunes and I'm going to make sure I drink plenty of water this week maybe cut down on the diet coke and see if it helps with the constant ache in my tummy.

Honestly my head and neck thing (along with a runny nose) is a cold, but I worry the constipation is my IBS and I don't want a serious attack of that ever again! and you know what its no good? Going to the doctors.. the last time I had constipation with it they gave me a medicine which harden your stools even more and just after I was diagnosed with it they told me to eat more fibre and then they asked me what cereal I had that morning and I said shredded wheat (one of the best things on the market for high fiber) they told me to eat some all bran and I sat there and thought, 'hold on but that will just irritate won't it? All those bits getting stuck everywhere?' I checked with a friend whose little girl has IBS and she agreed with me, its because there's a lot of fibre all at once which irritates it and I didn't go back to the doctor again. I tend to take peppermint tablets for it and drink lots of peppermint tea, which I think I'll do again. See how this week goes.

It hasn't been all doom and gloom though, people are saying they can see a difference when they see me and I think its really going to show.....

Its not where I wanted to be but its not a small achievement either, I'm still rather proud of myself....

Weight loss this week:-1lbs
Weight loss total: -26lbs or 1 Stone 12lbs (So close.... come on 2 stone off!)

No comments:

Post a Comment