Monday 13 November 2017

My Potato Epiphany






I forgot to get a couple of things at the shop on Saturday, call it what you will, old age, sleep deprivation I clear out forgot. So Phil dropped me off up at the local supermarket and I went into get my select few items.

One of them was a bag of potatoes, because I'm eating more of them, just as well really I like potatoes but anyway I get the 2.5kg bag, purchase it and out it in a bag for life.

I was thinking it was the perfect opportunity to just be lazy and get the bus down home, the bag is heavy because of the potatoes. we get to the bus station, its freezing cold and we've just missed on by a matter of minutes, and I think there is no point just standing here waiting for a bus when we could be home in that half an hour, and you know what, the potatoes aren't that heavy right?

So bag for life in one hand with my little bag and pushing Joseph's trike with the other, I start for home. I find myself naturally swapping hands because actually those potatoes are a little heavy, but I'm carrying them carrying them and I start to wonder if someone didn't put more potatoes in the bag then necessary, because its getting heavier, or seems to be...

I get  about 3/4 of the way home and I start to think, kilograms ummm that must be about 6 pounds right? So I check when I get home and sure enough 5.5 lbs=2.5kg.

And its hit me, two weeks ago I was carting around this bag of potatoes. except I didn't have the option of shifting where my weight was, it was there, on me, I know I have very little control of where it comes off too but I was carting this around all the time not just from Stanley down to my house all day every day and I think wow seven weeks ago I was carrying around four of these! And although for a short time it makes no difference at all you can lift it and carry it for a little while but carry it all day every day... let me tell you I don't think I'd want to carry round that bag of potatoes all day!

It made me think, even if that six pounds takes you twelve weeks its a bag of potato!

A bag of potatoes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment