Friday 20 April 2018

20/04/2018


 So I was stuck for a little while... I felt like I was stuck between 50 pounds and 4 stone for ages! its been just shy of a month but it feels like forever! But I am there! This card shows my progress from the beginning to now, there has been a couple of weeks where I haven't been there or it hasn't been on so this should technically have lasted me the 6 months but here it is (I get a new card next week!) My points at the top have also came down over time we just haven't updated it....

I said when I started I wasn't going to lie on the blog or just write about the good times because even though most the time it has been a loss some weeks it was on. Let's ignore the Christmas week for a moment, because you know, its Christmas... The rest of the time was a loss except there was another two weeks I gained plus one week I stayed the same.

The losses range from six pounds to one pound.

So I think this is a victory week! What I have lost in just under seven months is pretty fantastic and I want to keep going! I would love to get to the end of this year and reach goal, that would be fantastic but I want to keep going!

Right now, I don't feel huge, I don't feel tiny but I don't feel huge and I feel like I could make it to an ideal weight.

I'm in a different place to where I was last year. At the end September last year (22nd) I hadn't yet started any sort of physical activity, I was worried I would start and then my eating would go out of control (Which has happened before) So those first three months I didn't, but after Christmas I started walking I started really low at 5,000 a day but worked myself up, my goal is 12,000 steps a day which I normally hit 14,000. As of the beginning of this month I started going to two exercise classes, Pilates and Aqua Aerobics.

If I miss a day, I'm not too hard on myself, if I don't make it to the classes, well I can't, I have two children and I can't just fob them off to other people when I fancy doing something. Phil is fantastic, it was his idea for me to go to classes and the Pilates on a Monday night is after the kids go to bed, so we all go in the car, Phil drops me off in and then takes the kids home and gets them to bed on time. The Aqua Aerobics, if there was more of and at a good time for me I think I would go to more of those, they are fun and it gives me the excuse for a quick swim too (which despite the fact I take Joseph to his swimming lessons and Yasmine to hers I don't get to swim that much!) I'm building that up to, I started with 100 meters and I'm at 250 meters (Which I do before/after my lesson) and again I'm increasing this gradually. Well I've been doing this all gradually!

I hated the idea of going to the gym, I still do actually but maybe its something I can gradually do eventually, but I do have Joseph so I won't be doing it any time soon.

I know I've come a long way, but I've still got a long way to go!

Keep you updated!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. You know I wish you all the luck in the world, Lorna. But it’s not luck that’s done it for you....it’s hard work and determination! I only gained 3 pounds when I was home, and I was ready for it. I’m back to walking and exercise every day and I’ve hit my 10000 steps every day (except for a bad jet lag day��). I am worried that it’s getting so hot already....I have to go out at 6 for it to be cool enough. I may have to go to Kaylenes and use her treadmill as the summer approaches....but I am not giving up! I am so proud of you and all you have done. Thanks for motivating me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aunty Lynda! I know it is hard work thats doing it but with luck on my side it can only be good! Miss you already!

      Delete